Blogger Templates
This blog has been retired. I won't respond to any inquiries but have retained it in case it is still of interest to anyone passing by.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Heavenly Blue Wedding

Probably the most iconic paper doll book of the mid 20th century, this set is still highly sought after by collectors today.  As it was produced by Merrill in 1955 my mother must have bought it before I was born, at least 10 years before I was old enough to play with it.  I can remember it from early childhood, a magical representation of every little girl's dream wedding.  I named the dolls after the people who made up my world - the bride was called Molly after my mom and I truly believed she was modelled on her. (I included a photo of my mother on her wedding day in the post on Mervyn Suart.)















No comments:

Link/within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...