Blogger Templates
This blog has been retired. I won't respond to any inquiries but have retained it in case it is still of interest to anyone passing by.

Saturday, June 18, 2011

More Ron Embleton Magic

Ron Embleton - Cinderella
More Ron Embleton art can be found at Ron Embleton's Comic Cooks posted 3 Sept 2011.

I decided to postpone the original post I was intending to publish this week after I noticed someone had come across my blog searching for 'Ron Embleton Cinderella.'  I don't know if the same person will pass this way again, but on the off-chance that they do I'm including these images.  I suspect that during his brilliant and productive career Ron Embleton (1930-1988) probably illustrated Cinderella more than once.  This selection may not be from the version being sought, but I think they are particularly lovely none the less.

Once again I am posting images that I have not seen on any other online site.  The Look and Learn website (as mentioned before) has a wonderfully comprehensive collection of the better known examples of Ron Embleton's work and is the best place to start any search for his art.

If anyone who finds my blog thinks I may have any illustrations they are specifically looking for please let me know and if I have them (and they are appropriate and relevant ) I will make sure to post them.  You can leave a comment or email me at sharonsouter1@gmail.com .

Ron Embleton - Cinderella

Ron Embleton - Cinderella

Ron Embleton - Cinderella
For variation I'm including some illustrations from Sleeping Beauty and The Twelve Dancing Princesses that I also count among my Embleton favourites.  I particularly love the humour in the next painting from Sleeping Beauty.  The motif of comical chefs is one Embleton used on a number of occasions.  I posted an illustration from Beauty and the Beast as part of my Wonderful Weddings selection that mirrors the antics in the foreground shown here.

Ron Embleton - Sleeping Beauty


Ron Embleton - Sleeping Beauty

Ron Embleton - Sleeping Beauty
Ron Embleton - The Twelve Dancing Princesses

Ron Embleton - The Twelve Dancing Princesses


Ron Embleton - The Twelve Dancing Princesses

Illustrations from 'Fairy Tales Around the World, retold by Edward Holmes, illustrated by Ronald Embleton 


For more Ron Embleton art click on the links for Ron Embleton and Disney ,  Here be Dragons , Homage to Embleton , Wonderful Weddings , Perfect Princesses and Handsome Heroes



                                                              A Time for Reflection
                                                        
More photographs taken at St Stephens Green, Dublin in the early morning.  On days like these its very difficult to leave the tranquility of the park and go indoors.  I now have it down to a fine art that I get to the office and swipe in at one minute to eight to make the most of my early morning wanderings.






 And finally for today - this is a rose (is it Peace?) that grows outside my front door.  We moved into a new home a couple of months ago so I am discovering the seasons in the garden as they happen.  This enormous rose (the plant also grows to over 6 foot) is incredible.  It reminds me of roses in fairy tales - the fabled bloom in Beauty and the Beast for example.  My husband picked two for me but I have left the rest where they are.  In a vase they have already lasted well over a week.

2 comments:

Kylie said...

the reflection of that tree in the pond...oh. no wonder it's so hard to drag yourself inside.
I love the Embleton illustrations...I'm sure he has illustrated some old childrens books I have bought recently...will check them out today x

GardenOfDaisies said...

I love fairy stories! And wonderful illustrations hep to make those come alive in the imagination!
No, you are not too late. I've added you into the drawing.

Link/within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...