Blogger Templates
This blog has been retired. I won't respond to any inquiries but have retained it in case it is still of interest to anyone passing by.

Friday, January 6, 2012

My Blog is One Year Old!

Birthday Card - late 60's

Birthday Card - 1970
Today my blog is one year old (yay!) When I started I had ideas for a dozen or so posts. At best I thought I there was enough material to complete about twenty!

Putting these entries together has made me realise what a wonderful wealth of children's art and literature I had access to as a child. It enriched my early years immeasurably and still influences how I see the world today. 

I'm also stunned at how many paper doll books and sets I had to play with. I feel a bit like the Suri Cruise of the paper doll world of my day. It is almost embarrassing to admit to owning so many!

Revisiting these memories has been a lot of fun and I hope is bringing enjoyment to others as well.



Now that I am not blogging as often as I did before, I am finding it unexpectedly difficult to decide what I should include in my next post. I've decided as a result to ask for some help and am going to try out the poll feature for the first time.  I wanted to include 6 choices  (3 of them paper dolls as they are always popular) but the option to add more than 4 answers would not work so I am limited to that amount. So 4 options it is and whichever gets the most votes during the next two weeks will feature as February's post.

In alphabetical order the options are:


A is for Apple - Fairytale Alphabet

Child's Ballet Book to Colour - Merrill 

Heidi and Peter Paper Doll - Saalfield 


Self Adhesive Paper Doll - Details unknown
Please help me choose by making a selection in the poll on the sidebar. I'm hoping everyone who comes across this post will participate. I'm also curious to see the results. It will be interesting to discover what other people think.

10 comments:

Kylie said...

Happy bloggy birthday Sharon. I've voted for the ballet book, but I was torn between it and Heidi (one of my favourite books as a little girl)
x

ines said...

Please Post Them Both!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Happy Anniverssary!
And Thank You SOOOOOOOOOO Much!
Inês

GardenOfDaisies said...

I vote for all of the above! I love paper dolls! and I love children's book illustrations too!
Congratulations on the 1 year milestone!!

Wendy said...

Congrats on the one year blogaversary!

Love these paper dolls - just love them. :)

Unknown said...

Congrats on the one year anniversary. You are still doing such a cute blog.

Barbara said...

I love all of the above but have voted for Heidi as it looks so pretty.
Congratulations on your one year anniversary.

Nelly said...

Happy Blogiversary darling Sharon I have been slack reading everyones blogs lately and have some catch ups to do Happy new year to you too xx

purplerain said...

Congratulationsssssss!!!!! Felicidades!!! Greetings from Spain :-)

Barbara said...

I've just awarded your lovely blog the Liebster Blog Award Barbara http://marchhousebookscom.blogspot.com/

CraveCute said...

Sorry I am late to the party! But Happy Birthday anyway! One Year! I love the first illustration, those little flower pixies are so cute!
I might be too late, but I vote for the Ballet Book!

Link/within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...